2020 has been a strange year and with everyone on lock-down getting in your RV and doing a road trip is one of the best ways to spend this time. California has plenty of amazing and iconic locations to explore, camp, hike, bike, kayak, and even just view. Honestly with the reduced traffic on the roads it's been decades since California has been this much fun to explore. While a lot of campgrounds may be temporarily closed during the COVID-19 crisis there are plenty of locations worth a drive.
2020 Top 5 RV Travel Destinations:
- Highway 395, California, Eastern Sierras - Endless possibilities for adventure the moment you leave Tahoe and enter this stunning world of high-desert, mountain peaks, hot springs, historic towns, and of course winding roads.
- Ostrich Lande USA, California - Ranch where big birds roam & people can buy cups of food to feed them, with gift shop & fresh eggs. The ostriches and emus are stunning to see up close.
- Yosemite National Park, California - While best known for its waterfalls it also has epic climbing sites like Half Dome, El Capitan, and Mariposa Grove. Some of the must-see waterfalls are Bridal Veil Falls, Vernal Falls.
- Highway 1, California - Has some of the most dramatic coastal views in the state. Follow this spectacular coast-hugging drive, making time for stops in places like Huntington Beach, Santa Barbara, and Monterey for an unforgettable road trip.
- Redwood National Park, California - There is no other place that makes you feel how small you are in this massive blue planet than when you are around these massive trees. This has to be one of the best RV trips in California and a must.
Top 5 RV Parks To Add To Your Travel Trip:
- Big Flat Campground - Six Rivers National Forest
- San Francisco RV Resort
- Ed Z'berg Sugar Pine Point State Park - Tahoma
- Ocean Mesa at El Capitan - Santa Barbara
- Redwoods RV Resort - Crescent City
Other Top 20 Rated RV Campgrounds to Explore
- Paradise Shores RV Camp
- Flying Flags RV Resort & Campground
- The Parkway RV Resort & Campground
- Thousand Trails RV Resort and Campground
- Riverside Campground & Cabins
- Idyllwild RV Resort Thousand Trails
- Golden Pins RV Resort and Campground
- Pioneer RV Park
- Manchester Beach / Mendocino Coast KOA Journey
- Paradise by the Sea Beach RV Resort
- Mcgee Creek RV Park & Campground
- 49er RV Ranch
- Bakersfield River Run RV Park
- Yanks RV Resort
- San Diego Metro KOA Resort
- Orangeland RV Park
- Shoshone Trailer RV Park
- Lakes RV & Golf Resort
- Wishon Village RV Park
- Clio's Rivers Edge RV Park
The Best RV Covers & Accessories for California
- Designer Series Tyvek RV Covers - Made to hold up to the intense UV heat in California while also being the perfect all-weather cover to provide protection from the mountains, desert, to the beaches of California.
- RV Wheel Covers - If you plan to park for an extended time on your trip through California we recommend at least covering up your wheels. We have single, double, and even triple axle covers.
- RV Roof Covers - The best way to protect your RV while parked without restricting access to your RV. It helps protect your roof while also keeping your RV cooler in the sunny California weather.